I'm 50...and I kick....and stretch....and KICK!!!!




Yes, that's right folks...I've reached a milestone birthday! 50 used to seem so old to me, but now that its here, its strange, because I certainly don't feel this old.  I'm not going to lament on all the things that I did or did not accomplish during my 50 years.  Life is too short for that!  I would rather focus on just living and loving life.


According to a recent Harris interactive poll, people were asked what the perfect age would be if they could live forever in good health, and surprisingly, 50 was the age that most people chose.  It was reasoned that people chose 50 because they were old enough to have wisdom and young enough that their parents are still alive.  I really hate the "50 is the new 30" bullshit!  I'm 50, I have gray hairs, I'm not as sprite as I used to be, my knees are creaky and my eyesight is terrible....but I wouldn't change a thing....well except perhaps the creaky knees, I really hate that they make noise when I'm walking down steps!


My brother bought me an AARP membership for my birthday.....I'll have to remember to do that for him when he turns 50 in few years! He told me that with my membership I get lots of discounts and benefits...so I suppose getting older does have some perks.  Does this mean that I now have to wear polyester pants??!!!!  :)!


Comments

Oh no! The Big Five Oh! Happy birthday and enjoy your special time.
Damon said…
happy birtday :D i like your blog
+follow

Popular Posts