Cold weather, dead batteries, neti pots and Oscar

The weather has been so cold here!  The snow is still with us at the moment, but I think much of it will disappear over the weekend, because its supposed to get much warmer on Saturday.  Sadly, my car battery did not survive this cold spell, and I had to spend a very cold Tuesday evening outside with the AAA repairman who replaced my battery (it was 19 degrees!).  I've also been fighting a nasty sinus infection, that simply will not go away!  My boss recommended using a neti pot, so I picked one up at the local drugstore...but now I feel worse than I did before!  Apparently, it may take many treatments before you will feel relief...so now I'm just using it every evening before I go to bed.  I'm a bit disappointed because I've read how wonderfully it works to clear out your sinuses, but I still have yet to see any benefit and its been three nights using it now!  Plus, now my left ear pops every single time I blow my nose!  GRRRR!!

Recently, I went on an interview at a local animal shelter.  Unfortunately, its only a part time gig.  I've had experience working in shelters before, but this is the first no-kill shelter I've been to.  At the moment the job is only on weekends, and I'm currently working full-time at my office job.  I know that they have an urgent need, so I'm going to see if I can work out a schedule working on Sunday.  That way I would have at least one day off a week.  Hopefully we can work it out, because I would LOVE to work there.  When they gave me the tour, I got to meet all the cats and dogs living there.  What I really liked about it was that the cats were not kept in cages, but in large rooms filled with cat furniture.  My favorite kitty that I met there had to be Oscar.  He was a big fat Maine Coon cat, who was a little grumpy (he's probably named after Oscar the grouch from Sesame St.), but probably a sweet thing once you get to know him.  He's quite a fatty, but his eyes lit up when I grabbed a cat wand with feathers on the end.  He did try to jump up to grab the feathers, but because of his weight, he didn't lift up too much.  I sent his photo to Ed and he really liked him!  It would be great to get a companion for Moob, but we will have to wait until we can find another place to live. Here's Oscar's webpage:   http://francisvalehome.org/2013/10/oscar/  He's super cute! 








Comments

I checked out his web page and yes, indeed, Oscar is a sweetie!

Popular Posts