The war of the living room rugs

Last week I switched out rugs in the living room, and I was met with resistance. 

We started out with a white rug.  Now, I have nothing against this rug, but Moob sheds quite a bit and it leaves a thin layer of gray over the top of this rug which makes it look dingy and dirty.  The other problem is that when I want to vacuum, Ed is always asking me to do it another time because it upsets Moob, so sadly, I don't get to vacuum as much as I would like.  The weekends are the best time for me to vacuum, but between football, the MLB Playoffs and the Moob, I can't get it done.

On Columbus Day, my office was closed, so I was home alone for part of the day and decided to do the old swicheroo.  Here is my result.....


I kind of dig the red rug with the pillows, but sadly, when Ed came home from work, he immediately complained that he doesn't like red and listened to him complain for several minutes.  Apparently red is OK, in small doses (like the pillows) but the rug is just too much for him.  He wanted the rug switched out that night.  So, I've lost this battle and we are back to white, but I'm going to have to INSIST that it be vacuumed at least once a week, whether Moob likes it or not....Sorry Moob!

Comments

Popular Posts