Death Dreams

This may sound a little crazy, but last night I had a death dream...what the hell is a death dream you ask?  To put it simply, it is a dream I have where one of the characters in my dream dies.  Its always a sad and traumatic event, and by the time I wake up, I know in my gut that someone I've known has passed. It sometimes takes days, months or years before I find out who the person was, but eventually I do find out.  The longest time I had to wait was about 8 years.  I had a very disturbing dream where my little nephew was dying of a rare form of cancer.  It was a very upsetting dream.  The next few weeks were spent waiting for some news of a tragic death to come my way, but it never did.  It wasn't until 8 years later that I was looking up some old friends on Facebook and got the news from someone who informed me that one of the guys that we used to hang out with in the summers back when I was in high school had passed away....8 years prior.  I then looked up his obituary online and found out that he had passed away from a rare form of cancer and that the date of my dream coincided with the his date of death!  But this wasn't the first time I've had something like this happen. I have countless tales of similar stories.  Yeah,  I know I sound like a kook, but I truly believe that dreams are messages sent to us to either warn us about something or letting us know something has happened.   

I've also had dreams of people who have recently passed away, coming to me in a dream to give me a message.  There was one time in my life where I was really depressed.  I had broken up with my boyfriend, my grandfather had passed away and a few days later my dog was put to sleep, all within the span of a couple weeks.  During that time I was in a deep depression.  I was isolating myself in my bedroom, away from the rest of my family. I was exhausted, yet could not sleep, was hungry but didn't want to eat.  I was young, and it seems when you are young, these problems seem insurmountable.  After countless nights with barely any sleep,  I finally fell into a deep sleep and started to dream....It is night time and I'm standing on a busy city street corner with my sister.  There is a light tap on my shoulder, and I turn around to see my grandfather.  He is wearing a dapper looking suit, trench coat and hat and he has a golden glow about him.  His eyes are an electrified blue and appear to be glowing too.  He takes my hand  and I start crying.....he tells me that everything will be OK, and that things WILL get better.  I start to protest, but as I look into his eyes, I begin to understand what he is trying to tell me.  A feeling of calming peace comes over me.  He doesn't have to say anything else.  As I turn around to my sister to let her know what is happening, he disappears in an instant and I wake up. Afterwards, I realize that he was right...everything was better afterwards.  

Photo of my grandfather wearing a similar outfit that I saw in my dream.  

Still trying to figure out what last night's dream was about, but so far I have not received any news from family members, so I'm guessing that it may perhaps be someone that I haven't seen in a long time. I"ll just put the date in my phone and will wait to see what news I receive in the next few days.

Comments

The healing dream you had of your grandfather is so wonderful! You have a gift of sensing when people pass. Not everyone has it, that's for sure.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I'm not sure I wouldn't necessarily call it a gift because the dreams are so vivid and quite jarring and sad. I'm usually melancholy for the rest of the day. When I wake up from one. My grandmother, when she was alive, would tell me that she could see ghosts or spirits from time to time.
Eartha Kitsch said…
Fascinating and I totally believe it. That's a pretty interesting power to have though I'm sure unsettling when it happens. I think I'd be a nervous wreck, waiting to see what was about to happen - at least for a a while. What a beautiful dream visit with your Grandfather. A true gift when you needed it. It sounds like you inherited some things from your grandmother. I hate to sound creepy but it makes me wonder if you are also a medium but just haven't tapped into it.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
One time I was at a Haloween party back in the 90s and they had hired a medium to talk to the guests. When I met with him he had told that I have some ability but had barely scratched the surface of what I could do. It may be some fear on my part as to why I'm hesistant to tap into those abilities.

Popular Posts