Hurricane Sandy

Just a matter of days before the hurricane hit, Ed and I were staying at his aunt's house in Brigantine, NJ, watching their cat Mindy.  Sadly the home has been flooded during the recent storm.  We are not sure the extent of the damage, but Ed is anxious to get down there to help with the cleanup.  We are not sure if the roads have even opened up yet.  Thankfully, his Aunt and Mindy are safe and currently staying with his grandmother, whose house was spared any flood damage.  Below are some photos that I took while we were there...looking at these now makes me sad.  Yesterday President Obama and NJ Governer Chris Christie toured the area to see the devastation.

 
 
 
 
 




 











Comments

A lovely home -- I hope it escaped relatively unscathed or, if not, that the damage can be repaired quickly. That photo of Mindy the cat on the shuttered windowsill is magnificent!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Ed is driving down tomorrow to see how bad it is. I just hope that the damage isn't too extensive. I've always admired their home and we were excited to be there last weekend with Mindy. It makes me sad to think of everything ruined.

Mindy is such a sweetheart and I must admit, that photo of her in the window is my favorite too! She is quite a photogenic girl.

Popular Posts