Labor...on Labor Day!

Cabinets "before"

Most folks on Labor Day go to the pool, grill some hot dogs and hamburgers, or head to the beach.  Sadly, this Labor Day was a total washout.  It rained the last two "official" days of summer, so we were stuck inside and bored to death.  Since Ed and I are bracing ourselves for a move to Florida, we figured that now would be a good time to spruce up the ole' homestead to either rent it out or sell it.  We got a great deal on a new fridge with ice maker, thank you Lowes for your fabulous Labor Day Sale!  Our old fridge with ice maker was leaking and giving us rusty ice cubes...so gross!  It was totally time for a new fridge.  I'm also in the process of painting our *gasp* laminate cabinets.  So far the process has been much easier than I anticipated.  I'm hoping to finish them this week and I'll post photos of the finished product.  Finally, our cabinets will match our appliances!


Ed wants our kitchen to look like the spaceship Enterprise...yes that's right!  Next he'll be wanting me to call him Captain!  What he really means is that he wants a crisp clean "glossy white" kitchen that looks more modern.  The only thing left to do in the kitchen is to take care of the counter tops.  Rustoleum sells a countertop refinishing product that I may have to try.  It costs around $250, but is far cheaper than replacing it.  It comes in a variety of colors.  Right now Ed and I are debating which one we should get.  We will have white cabinets and appliances with turquoise walls.  I was thinking that we should go dark to add some contrast to all the white.  I'm sort of leaning to the "charcoal color" which is second from the right.  What do you think?


Ok...don't HATE ME because I don't have an "After" photo yet.  I promise, as soon as I finish up the job, I'll post some photos.  

Comments

Hmmm, does calling Ed "Captain" also involve dressing up in Star Trek uniforms and pretending to be on an alien planet where you must do all these wild and crazy sexy things as . . . . Okay, stop me right there.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Ha ha! That made my day!

Popular Posts