Ouch!


Last week I had an accident...I fell down as I was walking to work. At the time I thought I could just walk it off and go to work. As I sat on the train I could feel my knee throbbing, but I ignored it. When I arrived at the office I lifted up my pants to see how my knee looked, and to my surprise it was bleeding...but amazingly, my pants suffered no rips or damage due to the fall. After cleaning it up with some hydrogen peroxide and putting on some Neosporin, I spent the day at work, ignoring the nagging pain in my knee. By the end of the day, I was in a lot of pain and was basically limping to the train station. Ed was kind enough to pick me up, when I arrived at the station so that I didn't have to walk home up a big hill. The next morning I was in agony and could barely walk and my knee was swollen. Serves me right for ignoring the injury and thinking that I could just go about my business without having to stop and take care of it. Now I have to wear a knee brace, which totally sucks! Sadly, if I didn't wear the brace I would be afraid that my knee would buckle under me when climbing steps. Makes me miss the days when I could bounce back from a fall like that! As I kid I was always falling or getting scrapes on my knee, but I don't recall feeling this bad afterwards.
Injury Day One (Taken less than an hour after the fall...at the time it only felt a little sore, little did I know the agony that was soon to come!)
Injury Day Six (Some ugly scabs and bruising, but definitely feels much better than it looks) Ended up staying home from work for a couple of days because of the injury, but I got to spend some quality time with Mooby.
Mooby hanging out on the cat scratcher I bought him...he loves it!
As I was flipping around channels trying to find something to watch on TV, I came across Bob Ross painting happy little trees on the Create channel. Seems like Mooby was mesmerized by Bob's soothing tones because he sat there for several minutes just watching him...it was adorable!
Mooby being extra cute today! It was nice having him hang out with me.

Comments

I hope your knee feels better soon! Mooby is adorable.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I'm feeling much better, thank you. The Doctor had given me a knee support to help stabilize it. Its very uncomfortable and I hate wearing it. Ed gave me some disapproving looks until I gave in and wore the damned thing. Hate to admit it, but it feels almost back to normal after wearing it for a couple of days.

Popular Posts