Donna Summer

Its been such a sad year....first Davy Jones passes away, and now Donna Summer!  I cannot tell you how shocked and saddened I was to hear of her passing.  She was the Queen of Disco and I loved her music.  Thinking of her brings back memories of me, my brother and sister dancing in the family room, jumping around like lunatics to 'Bad Girls' 'Hot Stuff' and even 'MacArthur Park'.  Its like a part of my childhood has died.....guess that happens to everyone eventually.  Donna had such a sweet and lovely voice and I will be playing her 8track tape in tribute this evening in remembrance. 

Comments

Unknown said…
"I Got Stuff On My Mind" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors to here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/05/sites-to-see_18.html
And of course you still have her 8-Track! You live your passion.

Popular Posts