To Sell or Not To Sell

 Ok, since moving in with Ed, we have been going through our belongings and making some hard decisions on what to get rid of and what to keep.  So far the stuff I've gotten rid of could have filled  a thrift store and I'm not done yet.  Ed is urging me to get rid of my 8 track tapes and LPs!  Now I've been an avid collector since 1997 and feel that the collection is a part of my identity, even my email is suzy8track.  I managed to pare my collection down from several thousand tapes and a dozen players to about a couple hundred tapes and four players.  Now I'm debating whether or not to fully get rid of all my tapes and players...but I'm really having a hard time.  Not sure if I'm ready to part with them completely just yet.  I'm very attached to some of my most coolest players and of course my K-Tel and Ronco compilation tapes.  Ed says get rid of everything and start with a clean slate.  He complains that I can get all that music digitally nowadays.  He doesn't appreciate the cover art of albums and tapes and he most certainly does not appreciate the ka-chunk sound between tracks.  For now they are staying put and I'm hoping once we clean out the one room of all our excess furniture, that I can make it into a music room where I can listen to all my groovy tapes and LP's.






Comments

Tell him how much money all those 8 tracks will be worth someday to retro collectors!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
To be honest, the 8track boom is dead at the moment...I can barely give them away now. I'm just biding my time til 8tracks are hot again! My old upstairs neighbor who was in his 20s even knew what an 8track was...so there is hope yet for a comeback.

Popular Posts