Moving Sucks!


I've been moving small items to my boyfriend's house for the last month.  In a couple of weeks we will do the U-Haul truck thing and move everything over...but I'm really beginning to hate this transitional period.  Half my stuff is at his place and the other half is still at my current abode.  I've been moving smaller chairs and tables, and also my computer and desk to his place, so during the week, all I have is my iphone to access the internet, and of course my work computer.  Sadly, when I was carrying a chair to the car, the bottom part just fell off!  The weird thing was it didn't even bang against anything, it just fell off!  Of course I was carrying a box in my other arm when this happened and needless to say, I was cursing like a sailor! The chair, manufactured by Hollen, is one of my favorite chairs and I'm super pissed that its broken.  Not sure when it was made, but it is definitely vintage. When I inspected the chair I noticed some yellowish/brownish dried glue....it appears I'm not the first person to break it. Now I have to figure out a way to fix this!  Ed suggested getting an epoxy which is usually 2 tubes that get mixed into one glue and it is supposedly very strong and will hold forever.  I may have to try that because I want to keep this chair.

I had taken apart and brought over a couple of bookcases to Ed's.  When I was trying to re-assemble them, Ed thought he would help me out by lifting one of the cases, which was lying on the floor, to the upright position, without my putting in the braces or shelves....needless to say, it ended up on the scrap heap later that day.  Damned particle board!  When I was putting together the other bookcase, I told Ed not to do anything until I asked him for help...and thankfully he obliged that time and the bookcase is sitting proudly in the living room.

I'm trying to downsize all my collections, from 8-tracks to clothing and shoes, Goodwill here I come!  Even though my boyfriend has a 3 bedroom place, all of the rooms are filled with stuff!  I'm hoping to be able to clear out enough space to fit my things.  The ultimate goal is to find a bigger place, but in the meantime we are doing this to save money.  I'm also in a pickle with Mugsy.  Ed is upset that I got a cat.  His building only allows pets on certain floors of the building, and he doesn't live on one of those floors.  Also, he is already hiding his cat Mooby at his place and he feels that if I brought in another cat, we would get caught and be fined or worse, have to get rid of the cats!  I'm hoping that we can work out some sort of arrangement where we can all live together peacefully, without being found out.  Mugs is basically a timid and super quiet cat.  Mooby on the other hand, is an alpha cat.  I'm not sure how either will take to one another, but I'll have to do some research on that.  Since this is only a temporary situation, I'm hoping we can work things out.  I don't want to get rid of Mugsy....he has really helped me considerably since Sammy's death.  I've lost 2 pets this year and I'm not sure if I can handle losing a third.

 Aspen, RIP little buddy!

Sammy, a few months before he passed away, sitting in the NOW broken chair.

How can anyone say NO this adorable face!

Comments

I totally sympathize because I hate moving too. I hope it all works out with Mugsy and Mooby.

Popular Posts