FIGHT!!


My boyfriend and I had a big blowout this weekend when we were moving the big furniture items to his place.  It was awful and we both yelled at each other.  I've been totally stressed out about the whole move and as soon as we were bringing in the furniture from my place, he was complaining that we have no room for anything which made me feel somewhat unwelcome.  I know that we have a lot of furniture between the two of us, but we need to work it out somehow.    I'm a collector of things...lots of things, and he is looking for a more streamlined, minimal look.  We need to meet in the middle but at times I feel that its his way or no way which makes me upset.  Once we are fully settled in I'm hoping that we will be happier...just hate this transitional time where we have boxes of stuff everywhere and furniture piled up in a room....as if the holidays aren't stressful enough!

Comments

Eartha Kitsch said…
Oh, that's so awful. I promise, promise, promise that it's going to be okay though. When the Mister and I moved in together, I was more into period 50's vintage and he just liked old wooden things. Gee haws and widgets and hoo-dads of all kinds. And furniture that his parents gave him when he was in college. It was a rough road at first but we made it through. Your tastes will merge but it will take some careful weeding out and holding of tongues, I'm afraid. Hang in there!
Yeah, that happened when My Rare One and I moved in together too. Moving and adjusting to living together is extremely stressful. I hope things improve for you both!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know that things will get better, its just that "difficult" period where we are both trying to figure out what we want from our home. We did make a humongous pile for Goodwill and since he's home today, he's been re-arranging stuff and moving things around so that it will fit better...and he's sending me photos of his handiwork, which is sweet.

Popular Posts