Compromise


You start to find out things that your boyfriend doesn't like about your stuff when you move in together...such as he HATES the color orange.  Many things I own are orange!  I've decided to part with my fabulous orange chair that I got off Craigslist and get something that both of us can live with.  The main reason for this decision is because his cat Mooby will scratch the hell out of this chair...I just know it!  So now I'm willing to part with it.  Plus, getting new furniture is exciting!  Clean slate!  Fresh start!  Just trying to put a positive spin on it!  



Anyway, there is still tons to do before the big move, and I'm still carting boxes of my smaller items over to his place.  He keeps asking me if there will be more, and when I say yes, I get that look of dismay.  Surely its hard for him, seeing me bring in all my crap, but once everything is here, and things can be put in their place, it will all work out.  I'll be bringing Mugs over next week and I'm hoping that he and the Moob will get along...fingers crossed!


Comments

Eartha Kitsch said…
You poor thing...though it's exciting, merging households and pets can be soooooo exhausting. I hope that you're soon settled in and done!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
It can't happen soon enough! Both of us are sacrificing items and getting rid of things. Hopefully everything will settle down by the new year. What was I thinking moving in December???
Yes, you'll probably both have to get rid of lots of things so that the apartment doesn't get overstuffed.
JC Diaz said…
Hi! so, a bit off topic.... I was wondering how comfortable is the Karlstad (now called Arvika) Ikea Swivel Armchair... Sorry to ask you this, but I cant try before I buy it - theres no Ikea in my city. So, is it comfortable enough for sitting long periods of time? TV, music, reading? I see it has no lumbar support, but perhaps that compensates with the reclining position. What was your experience with it?
Would you say its worth the $500 actual price tag?
I know these are very subjective questions, but I cant find any reviews online about it...
Thanks!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
JC: the chair is fine for sitting for long periods of time, just be sure to use a pillow for some lower back support though. The chair does recline back a bit, but you still need that back support, since the back of the chair is quite firm and not cushy. I will tell you this, its NOT worth the $500 price tag...I got mine off of Craigslist for $100.
JC Diaz said…
Hi Sue! Thank you for your kind response, your input has been very valuable. I was looking for what audiophiles call a "listening chair", or what avid readers call a "reading chair". One that tilts backwards, but not necessarily reclines all the way, with a high headrest, high armrests, and most importantly, a 360ยบ smooth swivel. Comfortable of course, but more in the firm side, rather that cushy. Anyway... it seems this is not it. Lumbar support is one of the things that makes or breaks a chair. Looks like you just saved me $500 bucks (I was seriously considering ordering it) Thanks!

Popular Posts