Mooby the cat




Now that Sammy is gone, my boyfriend has asked me to think of his cat as mine too. The only problem with that is the fact that his cat isn't very friendly...except to my boyfriend. His cat Mooby is the type of cat that when you reach down to pet him he will either swat at you or move away from you. I've tried to win his affection by giving him treats, but after several years of this, its not working. Mooby only loves one person, and its not me.  At one time, he even peed on the chair that I used to sit in when I was over there.  I'm wondering if this behavior will ever change, especially since my boyfriend and I are talking about moving in together.  Even his mother agrees that his cat is not very nice!  My biggest concern is my furniture.  I'm afraid that he will destroy it the way he has destroyed all of my boyfriend's furniture.  The fact that he does nothing to discipline this cat has become an issue.  This cat basically runs around and does whatever he pleases!  By the way, the chair he's sitting on (in the photo above) is where I sit when I come over.  He gets really pissy if I push him off.

Comments

Mooby looks a bit old to start training him now. BUT my cat used to scratch the furniture too and I couldn't get her to stop. Then I bought her a ginormous cat tree. She immediately made it her new scratching post and hasn't touched the furniture since. Of course the cat tree looks like shredded hell now. And she insists that it be right in the middle of the living room's big picture window so it's all you can see from the street.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Mooby is about 4 now. I think that getting him a large scratching post would be great for him. He enjoys being up high...looking down upon us puny humans.
Eartha Kitsch said…
We have a kitty like that too. Complete daddy's girl. I try to pet her - the claws come out. He tries to pet her, she ends up in his lap like an innocent little kitten. I know that at some point, if you move in together and Mooby will have it (and when you're ready), you'll want a kitty of your own that will be your snuggle buddy. I said no more kitties but I couldn't stop until I got one that liked me! :)
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I definitely want my own kitty..no doubt about it! My boyfriend keeps thinking that Mooby will come around...but its been 4 years of this! I see no problem with each of us having our own cat. I would probably get an adult cat between 1-4 years old rather than a kitten.

Popular Posts