Horrible Bosses


No, I'm not talking about the movie that is currently playing...I'm referring to my real life!  I'm beginning to really hate my job at the moment.  My boss micro-manages everything to death, and constantly bombards me with emails re: different projects or tasks that I'm working on.  She expects everyone to send her detailed emails of what they are working on each week.   Apparently, she does not trust anyone to do their jobs, she has to hover over us and monitor each little thing we do!  I honestly cannot figure out where she finds the time to do all of this...because its not just me, its the whole office that she's making crazy!

Recently, one of my co-workers was giving a presentation, and during his speech, she stopped him to correct him for something so minor and petty!  I felt so bad for him.  I would dread to have to give a presentation with her in the room....waiting to jump in to give her two cents!  Since work has been so stressful, I haven't been posting much this summer.  I just wish she would back off and just let us do our work.  The worst part about it is she'll send an email asking about something, and you have to go back and look at your old emails to see what the hell she's referring to...because she gives little or no details in her follow up emails.  Sorry I'm just venting on this post, but I'm really frustrated and it is making it hard for me to concentrate on my work...especially since I'm spending more and more time going through emails to respond to the constant barrage.  Its only been 4 months, perhaps things will cool down at some point.  

Comments

Is she a "new" boss? Maybe she's insecure about being a boss for the first time. Or maybe this is just how she is and she'll always be a micro-manager. In any event, wishing you good luck!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Unfortunately she's been here a long time, so she's always been like this. Today she is out of the office, but she sent me an email because I had instructed the staff to send me updated bios so that I could update our website, and she insists on approving them before we put them on our company web page.....seriously?? I would rather not have someone else edit my own bio!

Popular Posts