Craigslist woes

Ugh, I'm totally frustrated with Craigslist!  How many times must I post something  for sale, have  someone send me a response that they are eager to buy, but then never hear from them again, or better yet, make me wait for hours, for them to NOT show up!!   Don't get me wrong, I love Craigslist and have found some fabulous things on there, but  I just wish that I could encounter someone more like....ME.  If I'm eager to buy, I will definitely show up and will even follow up with phone calls or emails if running late to buy an item.  Not to toot my own horn, but I've had folks email me after a Craigslist transaction, thanking me for making it a pleasant experience for them.  Perhaps Craigslist should force people to join by logging in with a username and password, and then allow folks who participated in a transaction, be able to leave feedback for the seller or buyer.  It may not weed all the slackers out there, but it might help reduce the no-shows.

Got more inquiries on the chair behind the table, than for the table itself.  Lesson learned...don't have other items in the photo that you don't want to sell.

I have been trying to sell this chair since February!  Its a perfectly comfortable chair from Ikea.  There have been many folks interested, but not one has followed through.  One guy wrote me that he wanted to come out to pick it up.  After waiting for several hours I gave up on this guy.  Never heard back until about 6 weeks later I get an email from him asking me if the chair is still available....REALLY???  Instead of ignoring his email I should have given him a phony address to teach him a lesson about wasting other people's time.

I just put this up for sale on Craigslist last night....lets see what happens.

These 5 lb weights I'm offering for free on Craigslist....and I managed to get one strange email from a woman who asked me if she would be able to carry these onto a Greyhound bus....I have no idea lady, I don't know how much you can carry, and like I said, they are 5 lb dumbbell weights......so that's your call.......why are you asking me?  

Comments

jadedj said…
Wid ja. I finally gave up because of so many no shows. I think there is some underground Craigslist game of which I am ignorant.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
It is totally frustrating. Even stuff that I'm giving away for FREE, I still get no shows! What gives?
jadedj said…
Methinks it's part of the game. 10 Points for no show. 8 points for insulting your stuff. 5 points for stupid questions (i.e., can I take this on the Greyhound). 0 points for actually picking up the item.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I wonder how many points you get for folks asking you if you will give them the item for free?? Because I've had that happen to me on several occasions.
jadedj said…
Yes indeed, that is a common one. Another one I like (not) that has happened several times to me is, the ol' "will you please hold it for me...I definitely want...I'll be there after work". Uh huh.
People can be inconsiderate assholes, a trend which seems to be increasing all the time.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Debra, I totally agree with you on that!

Popular Posts