Garage Sale Finds

This past Saturday, my boyfriend and I got up early and headed over to a church garage sale that we go to once a year.  Ed ended up buying a Nordic Track stationary bicycle for $50, and it normally retails for around $1,000.  The deals were ahh-mazing!  Check out below to see all the goodies I got...and again...I spent less than $20 for the whole lot!
 Picked up some colorful Pyrex bowls.


 My baby leaf bowl.  Last year I picked up a larger similar bowl.

 On the left is the one I bought last year, and this year I found its baby!

I love the design on this vintage Pyrex dish.  Need to find out the name of that pattern!

Close-up of the pattern.

Vintage needlepoint that I found.  I love the colors and pattern, although its a little shabby.  Need to give it a little TLC.

Picked up this groovy vintage hotplate.  My mom had gotten the exact same one for her wedding back in 1963, and she still uses it to this day!  I was thrilled when I found this and ecstatic when I found that it was in perfect working condition when I plugged it in.

Meow!  Picked up this cute copper kitty mold to hang on my kitchen wall.

It was a great weekend for finding great buys, but the cheapest buy of all didn't cost me a cent.  I found this chair by the dumpster on Sunday.  It is a Breuer style chair in great condition.  There is a small stain on the seat of the chair, which I need to see if it can be cleaned up, but other than that, its in great condition.  Where am I going to put this chair?  Who the hell knows!  I have so many chairs I don't know what to do with them all!


Please ignore the date on this photo...I was trying to get the stupid memory card to work and somehow managed to get this goofy date on the last two photos!  

Comments

Wow, great haul! You need a bigger apartment now for all your vintage stuff and chairs. It seems that even your camera is going retro.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
My place is tiny! I tend to buy for the bigger place I hope to have one day soon! Good thing I have a basement to store it all in.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
and yes...my camera is a relic too!

Popular Posts