I lost my best buddy last night...

I'm going to miss you little buddy!  I had to make the decision to put my baby down last night.  His back legs were paralyzed and there was blood in his urine.  The Vet informed me that there was a tumor on his spinal cord and it was aggressive.  She also stated that he was too old to be a candidate for surgery.  There was also concern about the blood in the urine.  The Vet stated that it was the smell of death and that there wasn't much I could do for him, and that his time was very short.  She seemed to think that he would be in a lot of pain and that he may only have a week or two at best.  It was killing me to see him suffer and I know I made the right decision, but I'm very depressed over it.  At least I have Sammy to comfort me.  I woke up this morning to find him curled up around my head....so he's feeling sad too.  Aspen was always with me when I went trash picking around the neighborhood and I'm seriously going to miss that.  R.I.P. little buddy!

Comments

Sorry to hear of Aspen's passing. But we can't let our beloved pets suffer so you did the right thing (although very difficult). Wishing you heart's ease in time about your loss.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Thank you. It was a difficult decision, but I think it was the right decision. He was suffering since Sunday and I wanted it to end. When he passed away it was very peaceful, with all of us on the floor around him, sobbing and giving him kisses.
Lemmy Caution said…
Really very sorry for your loss.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Thanks. I'm feeling a little better this week, but I still miss my boy, but am trying to focus on the fact that he had a long and happy life and didn't have to suffer for very long. In the end he knew he was loved and I was glad I could be there for him.
Eartha Kitsch said…
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Aspen. No doubt that you did what you had to do but I know that it's never easy. I'm glad that you could be there with him when he passed. Thanks for giving him a great, loved life.

Popular Posts