Depressed



My dog Aspen has taken a bad turn. Sunday morning I woke up to his cries as he tried in vain to get up. At the moment his back legs are paralyzed and I can't seem to get him to stand up, even with a towel holding him up. I know he is scared, plus he cannot see very well, so I'm trying to make him as comfortable as possible. I've already given him 2 baths because he is just urinating all over himself and I'll probably have to rinse him off when I get home. I ordered a harness to hold him up so that I can take him outside, but I'm not sure how he will handle it, since he already seems to hate the towel. Ed has a cart that he is going to lend me, so that I can take him outside in the cart, and he can say hi to the neighbors. He really loves the attention that my neighbors give him, and since he has been paralyzed, I haven't been able to take him out on the street...just out back. I've been depressed at work all day, trying to keep busy and not think of the inevitable. It truly sucks to get old!

Comments

Oh dear, poor old Aspen! Hugs to both of you at this most difficult time.

Popular Posts