Thrifty Goodness!

On Saturday, me and my boyfriend dragged our asses out of bed at 7:30 in the morning so we could check out a local church flea market.  When we arrived, they were still setting up, but there was already a small crowd checking out the items for sale.  They had a strange setup out on the lawn...there were stakes in the ground with tape creating a little maze, and it made me feel like a mouse in an experiment as I made my way through the maze.  It was supposedly done to contain the crowds.

Even though I didn't have my coffee yet, I perked up when I saw this fabulous tin sign written in English and German..warning of Army dogs on patrol.  On the back was a card taped to it stating that it was a Cold War era sign taken from an East German fence.  Regardless of the history, I found the sign to be very interesting.  I like how they made the dogs eyes red...to create a feeling of menace.  (Sorry for the crappy quality of the photos, my digital camera is MIA and I had to use my crappy camera phone).


The only other purchase I made was a set of wooden elephant coasters.  What drew me to them in the first place, was the cute google eyes glued to his head.  I just couldn't resist.  It is great that he is functional as well as being decorative.  I almost purchased a groovy mirror from the 70s...with lots of ferns painted on it, with a bright green frame to match, but I had to remind myself that I no longer have any wall space...so I left it.  All in all, even though I didn't buy much, I was pretty happy with what I did get.  




Comments

Anything in the world can be improved by sticking googly eyes on it. Even that East German devil dog. Or the Last Supper.
SUZY8-TRACK said…
Yes! googly eyes make the world a better place!

Popular Posts