60s Stewardesses

Remember the days when Flight Attendants were called Stewardesses? I used to love the groovy candy colored uniforms with the go-go boots and hats! Makes me wish I could remember the era, because I would most certainly be one of the jet-setting stewardesses...too bad I was still in diapers during that time.

With the advent of the jet age, stewardesses became the showgirl of the high skies. The image was one of glamour and allure. Women loved to hate them, calling them such things as 'flying waitresses' and men loved the mod outfits and many probably sexually harassed them. Life couldn't have been easy for these women, but damn, they sure looked great doing their job. Here are some of my favorite Stewardess fashions from the era:

















Comments

I remember reading somewhere that 60s stewardesses were given many more hours of training about make-up than about passenger safety.

Popular Posts