Hairy Caterpillar

This was what he looked like!

Recently, while riding on the bus, I was startled to see a hairy white caterpillar crawling on the back of the seat in front of me.  I felt sorry for the little bugger, and knew that if I left him on the bus, he would be crushed, so I kept him crawling around on the window of the bus, using a piece of paper to keep him from falling off.  A few people on the bus were looking at me like a was a lunatic, but I felt that if I could save one caterpillar, I could be rewarded with a beautiful butterfly.  I even got off the bus a few stops early just so I could find a nice big tree for my hairy little friend.  Gently I coaxed him onto the tree trunk and he took off like a shot (well, as fast as a caterpillar can move) and he climbed up pretty high on the tree.  Made me happy that I could save him from certain doom.  When I got back to the office I decided to do a little research to find out what kind of caterpillar he was and what he would become...my luck he turns into a moth!

Comments

Lemmy Caution said…
I can say that this was a very kind and caring act on your part.

If it had been a spider, I would have never spoken to you again.
I love fuzzy caterpillars of all descriptions. Hooray for you for saving this one so its journey of transformation could continue!
SUZY8-TRACK said…
I'm a sucker for all animals and insects. Won't even kill the spider who is currently residing in my bathroom...we just stay out of each other's way.

Popular Posts