New Kitchen Table!

Cannot keep this fat cat off the table!

Ok, you could probably care less about my new table, but I'm pretty stoked about it.  Originally I had an Ikea Docksta table, but with my fat cat constantly jumping on it (I've lost the war with him on tabletops), the table became quite wobbly over time.  Even tightening the screws on a regular basis was no help.  My cat also scratched the tabletop pretty good too.  I love my pets, but it really bugs me when they destroy my furniture and accessories.  Thankfully, this is the only large piece of furniture he's ruined...he mostly breaks small pottery and glass pieces.  After searching for about a year for a really super cool looking vintage kitchen table, I finally found one on Craigslist.  It has a formica top made to look like zebra wood.  It is stamped 1970 on the bottom, so it totally fits into my groovy interior.  What really sold me were the legs of the table.  They definitely have a mid-century modern vibe to them.

Love the legs on this table!

Sammy  gives the table his stamp of approval.  He was on it moments after I put it together.

OLD TABLE:  I do love the tulip base but the table was too wobbly.

NEW TABLE!  Is it possible to be in love with a table?  It is incredibly sturdy, and nothing wobbles when Sammy jumps on it.  

Comments

Popular Posts